Today we’re throwing you a bunch of Savvy lagniappe, because this is such a busy week that you don’t have time to process much more than these little tidbits.
• Remember that tonight is the Frisco Arts Renaissance Gala, celebrating the opening of the Frisco Discovery Center. This cocktail affair will honor art and community and is sure to be a who’s who of Frisco leadership. There are a few tickets left but do not delay.
• And tomorrow is the Grand Opening of the Frisco Discovery Center, complete with art, science, and all manners of family fun. The Sci-Tech Discovery Center has multiple exhibits available, and the fabulous Eddie Coker will be performing… You can preview the new black-box theater, which is already booked with shows through the end of the year, including the Frisco Community Theatre’s staging of the acclaimed off-Broadway musical Forever Plaid!
• Are you skipping the Cotton Bowl on Saturday, but hosting a game-watching party at home this weekend? Use this nifty free app from Fine Cooking to create a custom tailgate party menu and shopping list.
• If you are headed out shopping this weekend, maybe for some outerwear since fall is here, consider camel. This cozy neutral was big last fall but it is still very chic for 2010. It’s more glamorous than black, and the honey color flatters just about everyone.
• Send good Frisco wishes to our own Chef Shelley of Elegant Eats, who is headed to San Antonio this weekend to compete in the finals of the Aetna Healthy Food Fight. If she wins in San Antonio, Shelley heads to Los Angeles to compete for celebrity judges like Bobby Flay and Cat Cora!
• Big congrats to Frisco Savvy fave Heart’s Desire, which was just announced as one of the winners in Frisco Style’s 2010 Best of Business edition. They were named “Best Company for Delighting Customers” (which of course was no surprise to anyone who’s been in the shop). Look for Heart’s Desire in the October issue of Frisco Style, and stop in this weekend for some autumn delight.
We’ll see you around town this weekend. Hook ‘em Horns!