Ladies Don’t Perspire, They Glow
If you’ve got practices and games to sit through, you can at least show your spirit and support your team without looking like a makeover melted all over your face.
Check out this WFAA video featuring Marcus Monson, national makeup artist from Guerlain, where he gives tips for keeping your makeup shimmery, not sweaty, even in 100+ temps.
There is more detail in the video but Marcus recommends the following:
• Be sure to exfoliate, so makeup isn’t sitting on dead yucky skin. Consider switching off of heavy cream moisturizers, in favor of lighter liquid or gel moisturizers.
• Is foundation a do or don’t? If you feel like you need to, for the coverage, look for a heat-resistant foundation, something that is lighter weight.
• Be careful with powder. A little will prevent shine, but too much powder will look cakey.
• An eyeshadow base or primer will help keep your eyeshadow in place, and go light on the application.
• Look for waterproof products in eyeliner and mascara. Waterproof = sweatproof.
Marcus shows off lots of great new Guerlain products in the video. You can also see his recommendations on keeping makeup fresh and dewy at this post from Karla Sugar.
(And if you don’t know Dallas blogger Karla Sugar, bookmark that site! She brings the makeup counter to the internet via color swatches on actual humans, and her “Tips From a Makeup Artist” tutorials are phenom.)