Comings and Goings
- The wine bar formerly known as Vin is now under a banner of Sigel’s, the popular Metroplex spirits shop. Didn’t Sigel’s own Vin to begin with? Why the name change? Drop us a line if you know. Either way, look for wine tastings and a great selection in the same location.
- Formerly “The Counter” (a gourmet burger joint we loved), and then briefly became “Meatheads” (which wasn’t very good at all, which we can openly admit now that they’ve gone out of business), the shop facing Legacy is now Village Burger Bar, a resto that has done well in Dallas and Allen. Wishing them the best in the new Legacy location…
- Gourmet gelato purveyors Paciugo have a new outpost in the north campus of Shops at Legacy. Look for them near the fountain. And keep an eye out for new seasonal flavors like Eggnog, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Orange, Gingerbread Cookie and Peppermint. </drool>
- There is a new jeweler on the south side, down toward Cru and Jasper’s, called Legacy Diamonds and Jewels. Sounds promising. Wish we could find a website to link for you.
- Ringo’s is an English-style pub on the far west side of the south Legacy campus, sort of behind Robb & Stucky and the Angelika. They have lots of great beers on draft, including Smithwick’s, our favorite Irish beer (pro tip to the very Texan bartender who served us: the W is silent. Say “smithicks.”), and a rowdy weeknight pub quiz for the adventurous among ye. We can’t find a website but you can check out their Facebook page.
Be On the Lookout For:
- The Ginger Man, another haven for beer-drinkers. It will be in the old Barb Wire location, next to Taco Diner.
- Artin’s Grill — no idea what the cuisine will be, but they’re hiring, if you’re in the market! It’s on the north side by Benihana.
- The Food Boutique, a gourmet grocery store
The Shops at Legacy is getting ready for the holidays, so y’all get ready to get out there in our community and spend some folding money!